Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help?
What are we doing for COVID 19?
We have decided to continue to run our clinics with the extra precautions listed below:
- All patients agree that they are asymptomatic or are not isolating prior to booking an appointment
- If this changes in the interim between booking a service and they become symptomatic prior to the appointment, you must contact us to let us know and we will either cancel or rebook you at an appropriate interval
- All patients are to wear masks if attending the clinic, we are able to provide one if you do not have one
- Sanitisers are available at the the front reception and available throughout the clinic
- Patients are requested to attend their appointments alone where possible
- Patients are advised not to attend the clinic more than 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment to avoid lengthy waits in the waiting room.
Who will perform my scan?
All our scans are performed by specialist, medically trained doctors except for 4D pregnancy scans they’re performed but a Sonographer with over 10 years of experience.
Do I need a referral?
Referrals are not required, however clinicians who would like to refer their patients to us can use the following link.
What is included with my scan?
The specialist doctor will explain the ultrasound scan to you during or after the examination.
They will explain any abnormalities that are identified and make recommendations as to any further follow up as required.
You will then receive a secure, digital copy of the results and images to the email address provided. Please note our reports are written by medical professionals, if you require additional explanation regarding findings as described in the report, further discussion with a medical professional is advised.
How soon will I get my results?
You will be informed of the scan findings at your appointment and we aim to provide you with both report and scan images on the same day as your appointment.
Where to find us?
We are located at: 99 Harley Street, Marylebone, London, W1G 6AQ
for more information on how to get to our clinic please visit our transport information page.
Preparation for Abdominal, Liver and Gallbladder ultrasound scans
We advise before an abdominal scan they fasting for 4 hours. You can have water, black tea or coffee with no milk or sugar.
Preparation for Pelvic ultrasound scan
We advise drinking 4 glasses of water 45 minutes to an hour before the examination to allow assessment of the pelvic organs.
Preparation for Pregnancy ultrasound scans
We advise drinking a few glasses of water an hour before your ultrasound as a full bladder will improve the visibility of your pregnancy on our external ultrasound scan.
Preparation for Kidney and Urinary Tract ultrasound scans
To allow for optimal visualisation of the urinary bladder the patient is advised to drink four to six glasses of liquid about an hour before the test to fill your bladder.